Explore different topics and tools for back-to-school and also useful year-round.
WXXI Back to School: It’s Time for Kindergarten!/ De Vuelta a la Escuela: Es hora de kinder!
There are also some great resources that PBS KIDS and PBS LearningMedia have pulled together to support your family during this new season of learning:
- Back-To-School Check List: Help your child prepare for school by practicing skills such as getting ready in the morning, packing a backpack, and knowing transportation plans for getting to and from school each day.
- First Week of School Planner: Use this printable planner to create a schedule so that everyone knows what to expect.
- Back To-School PBS KIDS Games: Somtimes it’s helpful to have interactive games that model some of back-to-school habits (washing hands, packing backpacks, making friends, having big feelings, and more!) – use these digital games to help prepare your kiddos.
- Creating Daily Routines for Kids: Consistent routines provide comfort and a sense of safety to young children. When they know what to expect, and what’s expected of them, kids feel more comfortable and confident about what lies ahead.
- Themed-BINGO Packs: PBS KIDS activities for PreK, K, 1st and 2nd grade level kiddos in English/Spanish.
- Family Articles:
Explore the full PBS KIDS for Parents Back-to-School Hub: Find more articles, games, activities, and snacks for busy back-to-school time.
- Game: Play PBS KIDS Back to School Games
- Game: Play Arthur’s new Back to School game or Elmo’s School Friends game
- Activity: Make a Refrigerator Calendar
- Activity: Make a DIY Fun Time Spinner
- Article: 3 Words to Reframe “How was Your Day?”
- Article: Setting a Routine for Success
WXXI’s Back-to-School Digital Backpack is a digital toolbox full of resources to help families, educators, and students in any learning setting. Our digital backpack includes the following: