A BEYOND GRADUATION collection of two short documentary stories that share the lives of Latinx youth dealing with life after high-school.
Watch all 5 episodes:
- Turns in the Road Same school, same teacher but four very different paths in life. Young Latinx adults Luís, Grace, Martin and Johanna come together to share where their post-high school graduation journeys have taken them – higher education, workforce, etc. – and what has influenced their, sometimes difficult, decisions.
- Passion Drives Us Pursuing a career in the arts can be difficult. Lissette Hernandez, a former “Youth Cinema Project” graduate, is passionate about acting as a career but is challenged by what it means for her future. Follow this young Latinx college student as she finds her balance, and footing in the acting world.
- AIM to Leap For the students of Atlanta’s Towers High School, a gap year can make all the difference to their futures. A program is providing college bound first-generation and low-income students with the keys to higher education success by helping them envision and reach their post-secondary potential.
- The Jump The future is an endless universe of possibilities. But for recent high school graduate Luna, the future is not so clear. Stuck in a job with no decision on a college major, Luna explores opportunities for herself both personally and professionally by just moving forward.
- Ni de Aquí, Ni de Allá Hitting the books is not the only challenge for a college student. As José juggles relationships with friends and family near and far, he is also trying to figure out how to stay in school when financial aid becomes scarce. For him, life is a true balancing act when you are neither from here or from there.