Play games and watch full episodes of Sid the Science Kids and friends on https://pbskids.org/sid
Sid the Science Kid uses comedy and music to promote exploration, discovery and science readiness among preschoolers. Sid the Science Kid features a practical in-school science curriculum and celebrates children’s natural curiosity about science in everyday life. The energetic and inquisitive Sid starts each episode with a new question (“Why are my shoes shrinking?” “Why do bananas get mushy?”) and embarks on a fun-filled day of finding answers with the help of family and friends.
WXXI Education Favorites
Here are a few of our favorite Activities:
- Game: Play Vegetable Planting or Vegetable Harvest and get your veggie on!
- Activity: Print out some Sid coloring sheets to use while you’re watching!
- Article: Talking Positively About Scary Weather (from PBS Parents)
- Activity: 11 Easy Recipes for Gak, Playdough, and Slime (from PBS Parents)
- Article: 7 Creative Ways to Learn About Animals (from PBS Parents)
- Learning Resources: Explore the Sid the Science Kid PBS LearningMedia Collection
Learn more at the PBS KIDS for Parents Sid the Science Kid Page