Mechanics work on cars, trucks, and vans, but who works on BIG trucks like tractor trailers, garbage trucks, or ambulances? Jen meets up with a diesel mechanic who owns a fleet repair shop where he works on and maintains large vehicles.
Use the resources below to help keep your kids learning – asking questions, learning new words, and exploring connected resources!
- Why are tires on vehicles all different sizes?
- Do you think it would be easy or hard to roll a tire?
- What does it mean to balance a tire?
- Do you use checklists for any of your work?
- How do you keep track of all your tasks?
- What’s the difference between a mechanic and a diesel mechanic?
- Do you think the computers inside of a vehicle are the same as the computers you use?
- What kinds of things can you take apart and put back together?
More Diesel & Mechanic Resources
These resources are from public media partner organizations – they’re educational, trustworthy, and will help you and your child learn more.