Learn about seven artists with differing abilities.
Move to Include: Celebrating Abilities is available on-demand at WXXIClassical.org.
WXXI Classical presents vignettes that highlight the following musicians and composers:
- Valerie Capers African American pianist & composer who is blind
- Evelyn Glennie Scottish percussionist who is deaf
- David Helfgott Australian pianist who lives with schizoaffective disorder
- Molly Joyce American composer, educator and performer who has an impaired left hand due to an automobile accident
- Maurice Ravel French composer believed to have what today we know as Alzheimer’s disease
- John Rutter British composer and conductor who experiences post-viral fatigue syndrome
- Nick van Bloss British pianist diagnosed with non-swearing Tourette Syndrome