Parents and caregivers can join Bright by Text to get custom age specific texts for their child (0-8 years old) through WXXI’s partnership with Bright by Text, a national parent texting program, to put expert tips, games and child development information directly into the hands of parents and caregivers.
WXXI is proud to offer a unique resource like Bright by Text as children are learning from home and families can’t access the services they need. The texting service includes topics like brain development, games and activities, health and wellness, STEM, safety and more. Bright by Text partners with experts like PBS KIDS, Vroom, Sesame Street, CDC, and others to develop content for families with children aged prenatal to age eight. In addition to expert content, Bright by Text includes messages about information and resources specific to the Greater Rochester community, like digital library resources, food pantries, and preschool open enrollment periods. Community organizations across the Finger Lakes.
What: FREE texting service with activities, videos, and resources to support children. Receive 2 to 4 text messages per week, and each message includes a link to a landing page with more detail, short videos, and related resources.
Who: Parents and caregivers with children prenatal to 8 years old.
Where: Families in WXXI’s viewing area in Rochester and across the Finger Lakes.
* * * SIGN UP * * *
To sign up, text the word PBSKIDS to 274448
More Information About Bright by Text
Bright by Text helps parents and caregivers make the most out of time at home with their children by illustrating fun and easy activities, providing positive parenting tips and resources, and even video content to guide a child’s development. The program is proven to build nurturing caregiver-child relationships, and positively impact a child’s healthy development and school readiness. Innovative services like Bright by Text help provide equitable solutions to early education while schools remain closed.
- Available in English and Spanish
- Developmental tips based on the due date or age of a child
- Curated content from partners such as PBS, Vroom, and Sesame Street in Communities
- Timely information about local resources and events from community organizations
- Extended learning materials, short modeling videos, and related resources
- Help parents (including expectant parents), grandparents, babysitters, aunts, uncles, neighbors, friends, teachers and anyone else supporting young children
- Provide developmental tips based on a child’s age (families may sign up multiple kids!)
- Link to more online learning materials, including videos you can access on any smartphone
- Deliver info on challenging behaviors (sleep, eating, potty training, tantrums) when you need it most
- Give you encouragement! Caring for little ones is hard. Sometimes a “you got this” goes a long way.
- Build confidence. More than 95% of Bright by Text subscribers indicate they feel more confident and informed about their child’s development as a result of our messages.