Professional athletes are known for being in top shape, but who helps keep them that way? Jen meets a professional baseball athletic trainer to find out how he’s a part of the game.
Sitting in the stands, with a hot dog in one hand and popcorn in the other – nothing beats America’s pastime…baseball! But keeping these professional athletes in tip-top shape is no small job. Our host Jen hangs out with Chris, a professional athletic trainer, to learn what he does off the field to keep these players at peak performance on the field.
Use the resources below to help keep your kids learning – asking questions, learning new words, and exploring connected resources!
- What’s the difference between a physical trainer and an athletic trainer?
- Do all sports teams have athletic trainers?
- What sports team would you like to be able to travel with?
- What questions would you ask Chris?
- Why do you think it’s important for athletes to have trainers with them all the time?
More Athletic Trainer & Baseball Resources
These resources are from public media partner organizations – they’re educational, trustworthy, and will help you and your child learn more.
- Sports Physiology | Science Trek
- Athletic Trainer | Real-Life Math
- Easy-Fit Design
- Move to Include Sport & Recreation